Celebrity  ·  Featured  ·  Headline  ·  News

Shia LaBeouf Arrested Again After Third Battery Charge in Mardi Gras Altercation

March 2, 2026  ·
  Trevor Denning
Shia LaBeouf in an interview

Shia LaBeouf appearing on Actors on Actors - Variety, YouTube

Former Disney star Shia LaBeouf is facing renewed legal troubles after being arrested in New Orleans over the weekend on a new charge of simple battery. According to Fox News, the charge marks the third simple battery count stemming from an alleged Mardi Gras bar altercation earlier this month.

The latest warrant stems from the initial incident after an additional alleged victim came forward.

Court Orders and Conditions

Local outlet WWL Louisiana reported that LaBeouf had been booked on February 17th on two counts of simple battery. Police reports allege that the actor shouted homophobic slurs and hit multiple people at a bar after he was asked to leave. According to the Associated Press, authorities said LaBeouf dislocated one victim’s nose.

Shia LaBeouf looking shocked

Shia LaBeouf in Transformers – Paramount Movies, YouTube

READ: Deon Cole Mocks John Davidson’s Tourette’s at NAACP Award Show as Hollywood Backlash for BAFTAs Incident Continues

At the time, he was released without bond and was seen later that night participating in Mardi Gras celebrations on Bourbon Street. The judge later said she did not have access to the full police report at the time of his release, including allegations that he used racial slurs and struck other patrons with a closed fist.

On February 26th, a judge ordered LaBeouf to return to drug and alcohol rehabilitation and set a $100,000 bond. Additionally, he was ordered to submit to weekly drug tests, including one before leaving the courthouse. Reports say that LaBeouf agreed and his attorney confirmed that the test did not show illegal substances in his system.

The Associated Press reports that after the drug test, LaBeouf posted bond and declined to comment to reporters. “No, I won’t say a word,” he said. “God bless you, leave me alone.”

Past Legal Troubles and Personal Struggles

This round of legal troubles is not the first for LaBeouf. The New York Post reported that he has been arrested multiple times for disorderly conduct, and that he was seen on a 2017 video making racist comments to police. Additionally, a 2020 lawsuit filed by an ex-girlfriend alleged that the actor was abusive and violent.

“I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations,” LaBeouf said in a statement to the New York Times in 2023, adding that he had a “history of hurting the people closest to me.”

Shia LaBeouf praying in the film Padre Pio

Shia LaBeouf as Padre Pio – Rapid Trailer, YouTube

READ: Disneyland Announces Increase in Attraction Uptime by 1.5 Million Rides in 2025

In 2021, while preparing for the role of Padre Pio—a late Italian priest who was canonized as a saint in 2002—LaBeouf was moved to join the Catholic Church. He was confirmed into the Church in 2024 and expressed interest in becoming a deacon

Since his latest arrest, LaBeouf has been denied a request to travel to Rome in March for “religious observations, including his father’s baptism.” According to a February 28th report from Page Six, the actor appears to still be in custody.

Renewed Scrutiny

With another charge now added to the Mardi Gras case, LaBeouf’s legal situation remains unresolved as court proceedings continue. The actor, who has publicly acknowledged past struggles with addiction and aggression while also embracing a renewed religious commitment, now faces increased scrutiny both inside and outside the courtroom.

Shia LaBeouf in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Shia LaBeouf in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – Rotten Tomatoes Classic Trailers, YouTube

READ: Disney World Extended Evening Hours Moves To Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Whether this latest arrest marks another chapter in a recurring pattern or a turning point in his ongoing efforts at rehabilitation will likely depend on the outcome of the case and the steps he takes in the months ahead.

What do you think happens next for Shia LaBeouf? Let us know in the comments!

UP NEXT: Paramount+ and HBO Max Set to Combine as Company Promises HBO Will “Stay HBO”

Author: Trevor Denning
Trevor Denning’s work has appeared in The Banner, Upstream Reviews, and The Daily Caller, while his fiction is included in several anthologies from independent presses. A graduate of Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, Mich., he currently resides in the palm of Michigan’s mitten. Most days you’ll find him at home, working out in his basement gym, cooking, and doting on his cat. You can follow him on X, Criticless, and YouTube at @BookstorThor